A few definitions (official and some of my own):
- PNM - Potential New Member (someone going through rush)
- Bid- An invitation to join a sorority
- Rush - The p.c. term is recruitment but it's the same thing.
- Rusher- A sorority member who is involved in rush.
- Formal Recruitment- This is the time when all sororities are recruiting new members.
- Informal Recruitment- This is after Formal is over when some sororities that have open spaces still available can continue to extend bids.
- Informal Formal- This is one of my own. This is a type of formal recruitment that is laid back. AKA No Frills. This is usually the type of recruitment that smaller schools, non competitive Greek systems, and schools not in the south have.
The great thing is that it's only a couple of days and being in sorority out ways the craziness it takes to get in. Also, if you know what to expect and prepare everything before hand it can be A LOT easier. This is the part I want to help with to have you have the best recruitment you can. Next post is What do I wear? out on the 19th!